9.07.2011

Two words........

It's a wonderful day for a blog post!! I'm back and feeling better than ever. Boy oh boy what a little rest and relaxation can do for the body....Look at that smile - whoa!!

(Multi-Colored Tribal Tunic & Necklace: Forever21: Chocolate Brown Skirt: The Limited- so old; Shoes: 9West- Not pictured) 

Today I woke up with two words on my heart and I thought I'd share them with you today:

REFUSE & EMBRACE....

Yeah I know, where did that come from and why are they on my heart so heavy? I have no idea, but there's always room for speculation. I think it is a message, not just for me but for someone out there reading this blog.

If you're anything like me, sometimes you find yourself trying to be everything to and for everyone, while leaving yourself with a little bit of nothing, if anything is actually left. Don't get me wrong, it is okay to try and please those around you and become what you need to be for those that you love. However, what's not okay is giving so much of yourself until evey bit of you is gone. Or even worse, becoming something you aren't for the sake of making other people happy. Both situations can do nothing but rob you of who you are and even worse, rob you of who you really want to be. They can lead you down a path to emptiness. Empty to the point where there is nothing left of you to keep YOU moving in the direction that you're intended to move towards.

Another way to look at this is allowing yourself to become burned out or turning into something that you're not, and honestly, who needs that?
What better time than now get off of that rotten path and start a fresh? Today is a new day, another chance to get it right or work towards what's right. It's the perfect day to save just a little bit of you for you, to invest in your hopes and dreams... So what do you do with these two words? Well I don't know about you, but for me:
  • It is time to refuse to be the last item on my list or better yet, missing from that list.
  • It is time to embrace my dreams and desires and live life to the fullest (what I define as the fullest).
  • It is time to refuse to continue to contribute to any type of personal pain or unwarrented stress.
  • It is time to embrace a way of life that can contribute to pure joy and happiness.

 Yep, what a message for hump day! Hope you have a good one!!

No comments: