7.12.2011

Tasty Tuesdays: Morton's Lump Crab Cakes

Cooking reminds me of when I was young and I would sit in the kitchen and watch Mama Dear whip up a meal for dinner. She wouldn’t just throw together any ole thing, it would be a nice, healthy, well balanced meal that always included a vegetable. I always thought to myself, when I grow up, I’m going to be standing in my kitchen just like Mama Dear….


So on to today’s post, it’s Tuesday right? Okay so today shall we call it Tasty Tuesday? Yeah I think I like the sound of that..... So what's on the menu, Lump Crab Cakes!!!!

Let me first give you some background. Mr. SPKH and I used to frequent Morton’s Steakhouse here in Dallas (actually before they moved Uptown). It was our go to spot for special occasions. I can’t quite recall the occasion, maybe our birthdays (his one day before mine) but during this particular dinner, Mr. SPKH turned to me and said, “I bet you can make these crab cakes”. I looked up slowly while trying to enjoy the scrumptious bite and thought to myself. "Hummm, maybe I can make these crab cakes". So after swallowing down the best piece of steak ever, I replied, “I shall take on your challenge my dear”.

A few weeks later while sitting and daydreaming of the dinner that was made to perfection, I remembered the challenge. Rushing to my laptop, I began to scour the net trying to find the recipe. After several clicks through the various links that google provided, I hit the jackpot. I found the great Morton’s Lump Crab Cake Recipe!!! I quickly ran out to the grocery store to purchase the goods that would set me on my way to completing the challenge…..

After a following the recipe (with a few modifications here and there), my crab cakes were done. I presented them to Mr. Spkh and guess what, “He loved them….”


Needless to say every now and then I pull out that trusty recipe and have at it.....

Ummm, ummm, good!!! Enjoy!!!

No comments: